Genting Singapore is the developer of this expensive resort. The first opening of the hotels happened on January 20th of 2010. The Maritime museum and the marine life park are still under construction and will be opened by 2010 end.
Michael Graves, an architect from America, is the designer behind the RW Sentosa Casino. There are 1840 rooms spread across the six hotels. The theme of each hotel is different and is designed to cater both pleasure seekers and business entrepreneurs. The resort can be divided into east, west and central zones.
Resorts World Sentosa Casino Hotel
The central Zone
Four out of the six hotels of the Resorts world Sentosa are built in the central Zone.
• A 11 storey hotel known as Crockfords tower overlooks the islands on the south and the harbor of Singapore. Below the tower, resides the casino of the resort. This was opened in the first inauguration on 20th Jan 2010.
• Named after the architect Michael Graves, Hotel Michael also has 11 floors and opened along with Crockfords tower.
• Next to Festive Walk and Crockfords Tower is the Festive hotel which has the Festive grand beneath it.
• Opened on Jan 2010, the Hard Rock hotel comprises of facilities for conference and meetings with also space for indoor exhibition. There are 26 uniquely designed rooms and the largest ballroom in Asia in this hotel.
As per government regulations, the casino located below the Crockfords tower also charges $100 for daily entry and $2000 for annual access. The Singapore Totalisator Board collects these levy amounts and uses it for charity.
• Latin American cuisine- Fiesta
• Contemporary Australian palate- Osia
• Japanese cuisine- Kunio
• French patisserie- The pastry shop &lounge
• French cuisine- L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon
• French cuisine- La Table de Joel Robuchon
• Chinese cuisine- Chinois
Hotel Michael, entrance of the casino and the Festive hotel are linked by the Galleria which also features the first boutique of Victoria’s Secret in Asian continent.
Voyage de le Vie, a creation of Mark Fisher, will be the first show in the Festive Grand theatre which can seat around 1600 people.
A moving art multimedia with animatronic cranes known as “Crane Dance” is the work of Jeremy Railton. Jeremy is also the designer of “Chamber of Treasures”.
A pyrotechnics show in the ‘Bull ring’ is the “Pyroptix Fire Dance”.
RW Sentosa Casino/Hotel Theater
The remaining two hotels of the Resorts world Sentosa Casino is situated in this zone.
• Near the Equarius water park is the Equarius hotel.
• Nearly 30 villas are constructed on a floating lagoon and the collection is called Spa Villas.
The Equarius water park has pools, slides and water rides to keep you entertained. There is also a Spa to relax your muscles.
Marine Life Park
This is still under construction and once done will become the largest oceanarium in the world. Nearly 700,000 varieties of fishes will have this oceanarium as their home. There was a plan to include whale sharks initially which was later on dropped.
Maritime Xperiential Museum
The museum will feature a 360 degree theatre so that the guests or visitors can track the maritime history from 9th century to 19th century. Jewel of Muscat could make this its permanent home. This is still under construction and is expected to be completed by the end of 2010.
The eastern zone
Singapore Universal Studios
The first theme park in Southeast Asia from Universal Studios will be located in the Resorts world Sentosa Casino. There will be a total of 24 features to attract the visitors. There are 7 divisions in the park including Hollywood, Far Far Away, The lost world, New York, Ancient Egypt and Sci-Fi City.
Reaching the resort
The waterfront station of the monorail Sentosa express serves the resort. This connects with the Vivocity and MRT station at Harbor front in the Singapore’s mainland.
A boardwalk connecting the Singapore mainland with the Sentosa island is under construction and is expected to be over by 2010 November. There will be five travellators and will take nearly 15 minutes.